Cornerstones works with communities of all sizes to restore historic adobe, stone, and log structures. You can become involved in a variety of ways:
- Volunteer on a project site to learn about adobe, make bricks, obtain and process clay, clean sites, and more. Email Jake at email@example.com.
- Make a tax deductible donation to Cornerstones to support youth training, education, specific project, or our endowment.
- Become a paid intern. As part of Cornerstones’ work, we attempt to find youth in host communities, hire them at their first jobs, teach them about adobe construction, give them hands-on training opportunities, and help them learn a strong work ethic. Email Jake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become an international intern. Cornerstones gives mid-career professional architect from Mexico, Central or South America, and Spain an opportunity to work with Cornerstones for 3-6 months. International interns gain experience on adobe, stone, and log buildings, They build their professional portfolio and provide architectural drawings on key projects. We work through International Council on Monuments and Sites to bring international interns to Cornerstones. Email Jake at email@example.com.
- Donate in-kind materials and services. We always need building materials, equipment, photographs, architectural drawings, office and computer supplies, housing for workmen, interns, and consultants. Email Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a sponsor. Business sponsors such as Heritage hotels and Thornburg Financial Management sponsor Cornerstones and their work throughout the western United States. Email Niña at email@example.com